Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Something bland? Cheez-it!

James is ridiculously fond of Cheez-its so I decided to see if I could find any recipes that would taste great if I substituted breadcrumbs for Cheez-its. I'm not adventurous enough to attempt to add them to a dessert but I figured this chicken recipe might be worth a shot.

Cheez-It Fried Chicken 
Ingredients
2 1/2-3 lbs fryer chickens, cut up
1 1/2 cups sunshine Cheez-It crackers, crushed to fine crumbs
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon oregano
1/4 teaspoon celery salt or garlic salt
1 egg, beaten
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup shortening

Directions
1. Clean, wash, and dry chicken.
2. In shallow pan, combine Cheez-It® Cracker crumbs with salt, oregano, and celery salt.
3. Roll pieces of chicken in crumbs until well coated.
4. Dip chicken in mixture of egg and milk.
5. Roll again in remaining crumbs until well coated.
6. In a large fry pan, brown chicken a few pieces at a time, in shortening.
7. When all pieces are browned, arrange back in fry pan.
8. Cover and cook over low heat until tender, about 30 minutes.

And although I am not a big fan of using a fryer, this could be great baked as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment